The health of your child is important to us. The MSD of Lawrence Township recognizes that good health is essential to effective learning. Each of our schools is staffed with a registered nurse equipped to meet the needs of our students.
The Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) at Oaklandon Elementary is made up of parents like you who bring their volunteer resources into our school to better the opportunities of our student, families and staff. Our PFO has been committed in the involvement and support with many educational and community programs:
- Various fund raisers including our major Fall Fundraiser, and Box Tops
- Lawrence Township School Foundation and Lawrence Township Council
- Spirit Wear sales
- Various events throughout the year-Discovery Related Arts Night, Fall Festival, and a Spring Family Night tied into Earth Day.
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Spring Flower Sale
- Classroom Grants to supplement teachers with additional resources for their classrooms.
Statistics have shown that parental involvement in a child's school has a direct effect on the child's success in school. Whether you have 1 hour a week, a month, or more than that, we want and welcome your involvement.
Everyone benefits from whatever time you can give!
Please join us for our monthly PFO meetings the second Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8:00pm in the Oaklandon Elementary PFO room
Stay Connected with ParentSquare
MSD of Lawrence Township uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
We promise to only send you information closely related to school. You can opt-out at anytime. Contact your child's school for more information about opting-out from our communications.
After the first two weeks of school, we welcome your visit to your child's classroom. Pre-arranged classroom visits by parents are encouraged and welcomed.
We also welcome parents to come and eat lunch with their student. Parents may either eat hot lunch from the cafeteria or bring a sack lunch from home. Please do not bring in food from a restaurant for you and your child. All visitors should sign in at the office and wear a guest or volunteer badge.
For your child's safety and education, we cannot allow parents to just walk into the classroom unexpectedly. Thank you for your support in providing a safe environment for our children.
All visitors to school buildings are required to complete a SafeSolutions background check upon entry.
- All visitors must report to the school office to provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge before entering the school.
- Visitors should not park in the bus lanes. Visitors are welcome for lunch, but a reservation must be made by 9 a.m. on the morning of the visit.
- Although classroom visits are encouraged, mutually agreed upon times must be coordinated between the teacher and the visitor.
- Volunteers should not use the visit as a time to meet or talk with the teacher about a student’s progress. The teacher must keep his/her attention focused on the entire class. Appointments should be scheduled for family / teacher conferences.
- Volunteers are welcomed and appreciated. A wide variety of opportunities are available at your child’s school. Please check with your child’s school or teacher to learn more about the volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteers are at school to complete a certain task within a predetermined time limit. Volunteers must only participate in what was arranged with the teacher or school.
- Volunteers who work with students will be required to complete and have an approved criminal history background check prior to working in the school.
Volunteer forms are accessible by clicking the links MSDLT Volunteer Forms in the Quick Links to the right.
*A NEW Volunteer from will need to be completed EVERY Year
If you have questions, please contact your child's school.